The following crime stats based on FBI reports of 3,000 U.S. cities with populations of 10,000 people or more from 2010 to 2020.
- Violent crime is up 12%.
- Property crime and robber rates have declined by 33% and 23% respectively.
- Motor vehicle theft has gone up 48%. Your car might not hang around very long if you live in Denver, Portland, or Albuquerque. These cities have the highest number of auto thefts.
- Detroit leads the nation in both murders and rape.
- Seattle has the most reported burglaries. Following right behind is Albuquerque, NM, and Memphis, TN.
- Memphis, TN also has the most aggravated assaults and larceny-theft incidents. (The unlawful taking and carrying away of property belonging to someone else)
- The murder rate in smaller cities, 100,000 t0 249,000, has increased by 80% since 2010.
- The smaller cities with the highest crime rates are Tulsa, Cleveland, and Minneapolis.
Don’t be a victim.
Learn how we have helped our clients remain safe here.