The key points in this video are listed below. It’s about your safety…check it out.
- Always check your surroundings. Be alert to your surroundings. Extend your alertness at least one block out in all directions. This is key to personal safety.
- Look strong. Body language accounts for more than 55 percent of communication. If you look strong the culprit may not even bother with you or will walk away.
- If accosted on the street, yell.
- Don’t walk next to vans. If you see suspicious people parked in a car or van, cross the street.
- Carry a few extra bucks in your pocket if someone demands your money. Giving them something instead of nothing can bring the entire incident to an end. A little goes a long way when it comes to personal safety.
- If they ask for your wallet, don’t hand it to them. They could grab your arm and the danger will just escalate. Toss it to them. If they catch it, they might just run away.
- Whenever you have a change run. Look for any doorway and start pushing apartment buttons or bang on doors.
- If they do grab you, the only option is to fight. Gouging someone in the eyes or a kick to their groin may be your best options.
- Self-defense class. Finally, take a self-defense class. This is recommended for all people of all ages and is one of the best ways to ensure your personal safety. Terrible things can happen out there – be safe.
And if you are a business owner, building owner, or facility manager concerned about your people, property, and security, give TAL Global a call.