Mr. Forrest P. Franklin, D.A.B.F.E
Managing Director, Physical Security Management/Risk Assessment
Forrest (Peter) Franklin is an internationally recognized expert in the areas of risk management practices, workplace violence, crisis episode intervention, and premises liability. He is Board Certified in security management, disaster preparedness, and homeland security. He has consulted to multi-national corporations, domestic and foreign governments.
Mr. Franklin is an author and educator whose global security operations protocols are currently disseminated in 39 countries.
Peter’s experience spans through:
- 16 years Corporate Security & Operations
- 18 years Workplace Violence Intervention
- 8 years Retail Distribution Security
- 4 years white collar crime forensic auditor
- 2 year foreign government liaison
- 12 years university faculty
Peter has held positions of distinction such as Director of Security & Fire/Life Safety at the TransAmerica Pyramid, and previously, a similar position for the Embarcadero Center, a $1.2 billion, mixed-use “city within a city” in San Francisco. As Director of Investigations for a major international consultancy, he handled an intercontinental move for a 160-site high-tech firm’s security department.
Mr. Franklin has been an expert witness for plaintiff and defense attorneys in more than 250 cases involving premise & personal liability, adequacy of security/safety and security management, operations and training. He has been expert of record in three landmark workplace mass murder litigations.
Peter has more than 3,000 hours in counter-terrorism security vulnerability assessments for water treatment, distribution utilities, dams and irrigation districts in the hydro-power and geothermal arenas.
Mr. Franklin’s Career Highlights:
- Director, Security & Fire/Life Safety, TransAmerica Pyramid, San Francisco
- Director of Security, Embarcadero Center, San Francisco
- Expert witness in +250 cases
- Prolific security operations author & educator
Peter is a long-time, active member of A.S.I.S. and C.A.L.I. He served on the A.S.I.S. International Foundation’s Board of Trustees and the Councils on Diversity and Fire Life Safety. He is also active in American College of Forensic Examiners, Building Owners and Managers Association, Institute for Real Estate Management, Chambers of Commerce, and Law Enforcement & Security Liaison Association, and participates regularly in each organization’s lecture and literary circuits.
As a Managing Director at TAL Global, Peter works with our clients on a range of issues, including:
- Anti-terrorism Risk Assessments
- Global crisis management implementation
- Physical security; surveys, procedures, systems, vendors, tests, training and many more
- International Operations Security management, compliance with corporate & regulatory standards
- Critical property handling; landmarks, vulnerable locations, airports, seaports, terminals, private jet hangars and more
- Control & elimination of workplace violence scenarios